Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yay for School Tube!

In my evolution with my Flipped Classroom, I have gone back and forth on where to have my videos posted.  I have been in the habit of having my videos in three places.  I always have them on Edmodo.com, YouTube, and for a long time I was using School Tube. I used the embed code under the video that I had uploaded, and embedded it on my website.  I got very frustrated, however, about the time that iOS 5 came about because School Tube started this "stretching" issue.  Most of my students have Iphones, and it made it impossible for these guys to watch my videos on their phones. To say the least, it was frustrating!!

A few weeks ago, a colleague suggested that I use Sky Drive to embed my videos.  I was super excited because that seemed to work very well.  I only had a few students who had some issues with the videos.  What I didn't particularly like about Sky Drive was that it opened the video in a Sky Drive window and took awhile to load.  I got the excuse from some impatient kiddos that "the video wouldn't play".

Just yesterday I went to School Tube to upload my next couple of videos and I was pleasently surprised.  School Tube has changed their interface.  Not only is it more streamlined, but there are more options and it is  more user-friendly.  They are using a different way of hosting the videos. The best part...no stretching.  That is such wonderful news.

For now, I am back to embedding my videos from School Tube.  I will still upload them to Edmodo, as well as YouTube.  I always want there to be a back up, in case School Tube goes down.  I would like to say BRAVO to School Tube for a much needed make-over.  It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment