Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Best Quote Ever

The last thing I heard today from a student was, "Thanks, Mme B, for making us do the best project ever!"

That made me smile!

Today the students finished up on their flipped lesson and I actually got a chance to watch a couple of them.  Wow!  These guys understand way more than I realized.  I was sitting at my computer, in an empty classroom, clapping.  That is how impressed I am with these video lessons.  They were so cute.  So many of the kids came in and immediately asked, "Did you watch our video?"  I felt so bad because I hadn't had a chance.  They turned out better than I even imagined that they would.  I plan to pick my top 5 and give out awards for my favs.  I think it is going to be a tough decision.

In other news, I had a parade of building and district administrators, and a State Representative come in today during Walk-Throughs.  It was a very nerving experience.  At the time of their visit we were writing the summary, together as a class, on the video lesson that was due today.  When we have video notes due, the students write the information in a large box on Cornell Style Notes.  In class, after we take our Notes Quiz, we,  with partners or together, write a 5 sentence summary about the information covered in the notes.  Today's topic: Stem Changing -er verbs (AKA-Snoopy Verbs).  It's a difficult topic to summarize in 5 sentences.  And wouldn't you know it, the first sentence, "Your chart is Poopy if you don't draw Snoopy."--I think you have to know French to understand what I mean by that, but I am not sure how much our admin enjoyed our summary.  I had a great review game planned for the remainder of the period, but, of course, they didn't stay for that part.  No one ever gets to see the stuff that I work really hard to prepare.  It is always that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment